Add Significance to Your New Year’s Resolutions
January 7, 2019
The start of a new year is traditionally a time to reflect on the previous year and plan out resolutions for the year ahead. Popular resolutions include losing weight, getting more fit, getting out of debt, and making more money.
While these types of self-improvement goals make for admirable resolutions, striving to become more selfless and generous can have a surprisingly significant impact.
What are some resolutions related to giving that you can consider as you pursue your own? Consider the following examples:
- Increase your financial giving to church and charities.
- Increase your time donated to important causes.
- Write and send an encouraging note at least weekly.
- Smile and greet the first people you meet every morning.
- Perform an act of kindness at least weekly.
- Increase the number of people you share your faith with.
- Donate blood multiple times during the year.
Be sure to set resolutions for yourself for the upcoming year that will help make a difference in the world. This can provide a special significance throughout the new year as you fulfill these important resolutions.