February 17 is Random Acts of Kindness Day
February 1, 2018
What could you do today that would make someone else’s day? What could you change in yourself that would ultimately enrich the world around you?
Remember the greatest gift that you can give anyone is your time. Gifts can be brought, money can be earned, but your time can never be replaced. Here are a few Random Acts of Kindness that you could achieve in order make someone else’s day.
- Share your smile with people! Sounds simple, but makes all the difference.
- Tell a friend or colleague just how appreciated they are. Write and email or call or meet them for afternoon and tell them in person.
- Buy a shopping bag of food and/or groceries and donate it to a shelter.
- Volunteer at least once a week at shelter or soup kitchen.
- Plant a tree. Help our environment by adding new growth and color.
- Save your magazines and take them to the local doctors office or shelter.
- Donate used blankets or pillows to an animal shelter.
- Volunteer to play an instrument, be a companion, or make crafts at a senior home.
There are so many little things that you can do to help others that make yourself feel good on the inside. Why don’t you take today as an opportunity to make a change to yours and someone else’s world? Remember that a few seconds of your time could mean the world to someone else. Be kind!